There are so many different types of essential oils out there these days. If you are new user of essential oils, you may wonder what types of oils you should invest in. Surprisingly, when I ask essential oil users, if you could only use one essential oil ever again, which one would you choose? Their answer is consistently Lavender oil! It is the most versatile of all the oil options.
Lavender essential oil is most commonly known for its relaxing effects on the body. You've most likely had it used on you during a massage. You've probably smelt it permeating the spa. Therapeutic grade lavender oil is actually highly regarded for the skin as well. You can use it to clean cuts and bruises, and calm skin irritations. The fragrance is relaxing, calming, and can bring balance. You will feel it both physically and emotionally. I've heard people say that carrying around a bottle of lavender essential oil is like carrying you own personal first aid kit, perfume, and pick-me-up all in one!
Here are some of our favorite Lavender Essential Oil uses:
1. Calming agent and Sleep Aid
Rub 2-3 drops of lavender oil in your cupped palms and inhale the sent deeply. Then rub a drop onto your pillow and drift into a relaxed dreamland. You could also do this technique in crowded areas like planes or shopping malls.
2. Bug bitesPut a single drop of Lavender oil on an insect bite. You should see an immediate reduce in swelling. This will also help to stop the itching.
3. Burn ointmentFor minor burns you can use 1-2 drops of lavender oil to decrease pain. It should also reduce swelling, redness, and pain.
4. EczemaYou can mix a few drops of Lavender oil with coconut oil and use it topically on eczema and dermatitis.
5. Nausea and motion sicknessMy pregnant friends swear by this. To alleviate nausea symptoms, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of your tongue, around your belly button, or behind the ears. It should clear up any motion sickness the same way.
6. DandruffYou can add a few drops of lavender oil to your conditioner. When you rub it on your scalp it will help to eliminate dandruff.
These are just my top 7 favorite practical ways to use lavender oil. There are so so many more! When I have more time I will sit down and get you a bigger list. But this should start you on the right path!
7. Chapped or sunburned lips
Rub a drop of lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips and the moisture of the oil will help cure the dryness.
You can order our organic farm grown lavender HERE